22 May 2013

A gift for a friend.

One of my co-workers, and a friend as well, was looking for a pincushion to set in front of her sewing machine. I decided to surprise her with a quick little gift just because.

It only took me about 30 minutes, probably less, to make this.



I took some scraps of 1 1/2 strips, sewed them together, added some batting to the back and stitched in the ditch on the top. Cut backing, sewed pieces together and turned right side out. I then filled it plum up to the top, almost with some crushed walnut shells then I added a little bit of fiber fill at the top. I find that it is easier to sew closed with the fiber fill vs. walnut shells. Hand sewed the top closed and there ya go a quickie pincushion. After awhile the fiberfill will migrate down and the walnut shells will be spread evenly through out.

Glad to say she loved it.

Michelle

No comments:

Post a Comment