23 May 2013

Cutting and cutting and cutting

I feel like that is all I did for days. Well, actually that is all I did. I had eleven days off and I thought I would get tons of things done. Didn't happen but not for lack of trying. Making a to do list with the billion and one things you want to get done kind of reminds me of the saying "Your eyes were bigger than your stomach". I think this relates to quilting as well.

I really thought I would get DJ done, 4 tops quilted another top finished and these 3 quilts cut out and done. Yeah right! I did get all my DJ blocks and borders sewn together, although I noticed I did a couple wrong so I will be fixing that. I did finish a top and then I remembered I needed a baby boy quilt so that top is finished. I also cut 3 quilts out and they took a lot of cutting to do that is for sure.
The top and bottom are for my Indigo Crossing Star quilt I fell in love with the fabric so had to buy the kit.

 

Top and bottom here are PB and J fabrics from Basic Grey for Moda..I found the pattern at Moda Bake Shop and had to have it. It is Picnic in the Shade. I also fell in love with that and had to have it.

 

This is the baby quilt made with Riley Blake and the finished top is actually here.
 
 
I don't go back to work until Tuesday and minus a little promotion ceremony for the middle child I have nothing on my agenda except some sewing. My husband may have other plans but I am going to do my best to keep him busy outside while I stay inside.
 
I have a couple of kits I have to finish cutting for work and then I hope to get lots done. I may even get a sock finished too...that's my goal before Camp Loopy starts anyway.
 
Have a great day everyone.
 
Michelle


 

PS.  After looking at the pictures it really doesn't seem like a lot of fabric but it was.
3 charm packs, 2 fat 1/8th bundles, 1 FQ bundle and some yardage.  Wow..

2 comments:

  1. CUTE! Love that PB&J quilt I have some A blocks already made with my Marti Michell fabrics so I might have to make some B blocks to go with them. So much fun to see you busy and BLOGGING again too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I enjoy being back. I hope to get to this quilt soon especially since it is cut out.

      Delete