10 October 2010

The owl knows...

he is just too cute.

I made this owl awhile back and kept forgetting to take a picture, well here it is.  He is supposed to be a pin cushion but he is too cute so I keep him in my windowsill, well until the cat wants that spot anyway.


I also finished the 3 charity quilt tops that I was tasked with and along with the 35 kits I made I am now thinking I am done. I will still help out on Monday's of course but I am taking a break from stuff at home. I haven't been able to get much of my stuff done, the sad thing is I feel guilty if I don't do everything they ask, but you know there is only one of me.



One of these days I will figure out how to take a picture with out my feet in it, guess it is just adding character.

I finished a pot holder, candle mat yesterday my first one ever.  It turned out pretty good until the binding. I tried to machine sew it on and it didn't work to well. Guess I will have to keep experimenting with that aspect.  I think the next time I will sew it from the back to the front and then put a decorative stitch on it.  I know how to do it from front to back using some steam a seam but since these are so quick to make I was looking for a quickie way to finish.  I guess that is what I get for being in a hurry.

I am getting ready to start a small wall hanging  "Quaint Little Quilts #4" I had all of the fabric ironed and then remembered it is applique.  So will get that ready and then put the other fabric aside until I get the applique done.  This is needle turn applique and the first time I have done it.  So we shall see how that goes.

Well off to find something quick, fun, and easy to do.  I need a break from new things that is for sure. Maybe I will pull out one of my strip kits and work on that. I still am doing my leaders and enders in reds I only need 369 of them and I have 120  row 1's done. 

Football, pizza and sewing....life is good...now if I could just get used to the cooler weather here in CO.

Michelle

No comments:

Post a Comment