30 October 2010

Still Alive

I didn't realize that it has been so long since my last entry, but alas I am alive and here.  I have just been really busy, doing what I can't quit figure out. 

I did get all of my charity work caught up and I am done for awhile. I did 3 flimsies in Christmas fabric and cut out a few more kits.  Monday I will take them with me to the meeting and the tub of Christmas fabric that has been taking up space in my quilt room.

I haven't done a whole lot of quilting but I have done a whole bunch of spending, which isn't necessarily a good thing.

My iron was on the fritz, even though I just bought it in July, so I now am a proud owner of a new iron.  I used it today and so far so good, I think I am in love....

I also went and bought me  one of these...

I bought this, the strip cutter die for the 1 1/2, 2, and 2 1/2 strips and today I also bought the 2 in squares, this coupled with the ones that came with the system should keep me occupied for awhile.  I haven't used it yet but I am hoping in the next week or two....

I also finished this Ace of Cakes table topper, it is in the flimsy stage and will go in my pile of "to be quilted sometime in this lifetime" pile.  My middle son Ryan is the holder, since dad and brother are at the Air Force Falcons game..



I am still working on my leaders and enders for Sister's Nine Patch, I am hoping to have that portion done in the next couple of weeks, but it probably won't happen with Christmas projects needing to be done.

I take my machine for a cleaning on Wednesday and after that it is embroidery like a mad man to get all of my projects done.  There is not a lot of things to do but it is a little bit for everybody so I will be working assembly line construction.  My goal is to be done with it all before Thanksgiving.  I think I can, I think I can will be my mantra this week.

Well off I go to clean up the sewing room from today's session.

Michelle

No comments:

Post a Comment