03 March 2011

Snowmen in March

I just finished my blocks for another swap. These are 9.5 inch snowball blocks with snowmen fabric as the centers.  Do you know how hard it is to find snowman fabric in March? Well, I did manage to find a few here and there and the rest I pulled out of my stash. I do know that they will probably be coming out of the woodwork come May, June and July but until then finding them is like finding gold.  I have decided that when I get all of my blocks back I will put them into a quilt with some other snowball blocks I make with embroidered snowmen, since I have tons of designs.  Will I get to this project in this century...that is another question entirely.








I am now off to enjoy the beautiful weather, supposed to have a high of 71 today and then 40 tomorrow with a chance of rain/snow,  only in Colorado.

I am also making another batch of mug rug/candle mats and then I have to get ready to go out tonight to see Jeff Dunham.

Enjoy your Thursday and take a few minutes to sew, or crochet, or knit, or anything crafty for that matter.

Michelle

2 comments:

  1. CUTE blocks!!! Love them!

    What pattern do you use for the mug rugs?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Most of the time I use panels to make my rug mugs. I also use any square pattern that I want as long as it is between 6 and 9 inches, which seems the best size for me.

    ReplyDelete