I also finally finshed my bow tie blocks piecing, well I think I am done. I still have some fabric left but I want to wait and see how many more I need or if I need more. I coudln't believe how many I ended up with. I have been working on them for over a year.
I took the final tally before taking them out of their groups of 10 and throwing them in a bucket to start pieceing them together.
Can you believe I ended up with 664 of these little suckers. I started sewing them into rows of 3's so I can make 9 patches out of them. Of course I couldn't remember the orientation of them to save my life so for every 2 I sewed together I ended up frogging about 10. I think I am now on a roll and have it figured out. I will sew my rows of 3, add to a basket and then after full pin together into 2 rows etc..etc until I have my 9 patches at that point I will move it from leader and ender to quilt put together status. In the mean time I better start thinking of another project to make as my leader and ender. I will really miss these.