22 February 2013

On The Needles 2/22/13

I'm back...well for this week anyway. I have been knitting during the move but not very much.

I have started another project though.


I am still working on my sock.  I just get side tracked with other things..like new projects..or applique that has to be done.




I started a honey cowl, almost done with that. I would really like to finish that soon. I just love, love, love this yarn.  It is Misti Alpaca, 83% cotton, 17% silk.  I really want to get me some more. It is really not as pink as this photo.  It is more fall autumn colors.


I then started a temperature scarf. It will be in a 8 rainbow colors. I have been keeping track of the temperature since the beginning of the year. I told my self I wouldn't cast on until the cowl was done but that didn't work too well. I have only done a couple of rows.  So I need to get going with that so I can finish that on time at the end of the year.

This scarf changes color depending on the temperature for the day. I have gone by increments of 10 degrees (I think). So the gray is the separator and then goes from blue all the way to yellow. Of course I have only done a couple of days here. I will end up doing 2 rows of seed stitch for every day of the year. I have a lot of catching up to do, almost all of Jan. and all of Feb.

I really need to get these projects done as my list of what is next is getting longer. I have another cowl, tons of socks, a summer sweater for me (a first attempt) and a kimono type cardigan for my mother (who has already asked me if I have started it yet)....I just need more time in the day or more days in a week. Unfortunately my time will be shortened since I have a heavier than normal work schedule next month..just let me say I hate taxes and furloughs.

For more needle candy head on over to Judy's.

Michelle

2 comments:

  1. I love the sock yarn--great color. Have a fun week end knitting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fun! I'd seen the weather scarf but not the temperature one. Your cowl is going to be very pretty. That pattern is on my list.

    ReplyDelete