03 February 2016

When it Snows it Sews

We have been under a little bit of snow the last couple of days. The kids have been out of school for 3 days. I was off for two days then received a snow day for the third day. Makes my work week only 2 days this week. So with the weekend, I have been able to craft for 5 days in a row.

Good thing is....I have done a few things.
Bad thing is...I have to go back to work tomorrow. It's all good.

My co-worker decided she was going to Jo Morton's retreat again, all the nerve. So I was asked nicely to teach her March class. She was even kind enough to give me the pattern early so that I could even do my own sample. She is such a lovely person.

Cheddar Baskets - all from my scrap bucket. I did have to applique the handles down so it took me 2 days to get it done.

Yes I have a lot of pins in there. I am looking to be safe than sorry. Why? You ask. I have decided on attempting to hand quilt this little bad boy. Have I ever done it before...no. I had planned on starting this the other night but the spool of Valdani that I was going to use has disappeared. It has only been in the same spot forever and I guess in one of my cleaning moments I moved it.  Hoping to find it and get started soon.


My second Little House on the Prairie applique section is done. I even have the third section prepped and ready to go. I am really on this applique kick lately. I have another piece prepped but will show that another day. Unfortunately, my hands only allow me to do a little bit at a time. Ironically though my vision is going to hell in a hand basket and I have had to stop lately because I can't see and not my thumbs. Go figure. Especially when I realized that if I applique every other day I am good to go and I can even go a little bit longer than usual.  Oh well, I do have an appointment on the 22 so hopefully it will help.

I figured since I had an extra day of sewing and I was at a loss  procrastinating on what I should be working on (can anyone say Farmer's Wife 30's). I would start my Pre-cut Party quilts for April. There are 3 of them and they are all small. I bought two different charm packs and mixed them up. 

This one I finished in about 45 minutes, would have been sooner if I would have been paying closer attention (stinking DVR's) and didn't have to rip out a couple of rows. This one is Winding Road.

I did start the second one and have the 3 squares done but I pooped out. Actually, I didn't but my back did. I will finish the other two this weekend I am sure. I have a light work week next week so I should be able to get a lot done then. 

Is is weird to want to hand quilt this one too. I can just see using some big bright colors and some big stitching. May have to take a trip to get some thread.

Not that I don't have enough to do as it is. I am taking the afternoon off to go knit on my socks. These are on a deadline and my Loopy Academy (yarn and fabric) will be here shortly so that will be 6 more projects to do.

Have a great day and smile YOU ARE BLESSED.

Michelle



No comments:

Post a Comment