02 May 2016

A Little Bit Messy

A couple of weeks ago I decided I just needed a break from the class sewing and started to play around a little bit.

I pulled out my scrap buckets and dove in.

I am working on Bonnie Hunter's Pineapple quilt, plus about 10 others of hers at the same time. I decided to narrow it down and just work on a few things at once until those string pieces and paper pieces are done and then I will move on to the next one.

I love these pineapple but it seems to take forever to finish one and I for some reason have to totally concentrate so I can remember what color value goes where. I have 3 done I think. Only a couple hundred to go.







It is a bit messy and it seems to grow and you don't seem to make a dent with scraps and the pieces just multiply and the pile gets larger, but it is a great stress reliever. It is a nice change since there is no thinking involved.



Hopefully I can get back to this soon. I  really only have one more quilt to finish for class and then just 4 blocks a month so I should have more time...I hope.

Michelle

1 comment: