07 August 2013

1/7th Done

It is that time of year again. School. I take to and from in the morning for soccer practice for my new freshman and this week football starts for the junior high kiddo. I also have dentists appointments, haircuts, orientations, school supplies and the list goes on.

But I have been able to knit and do some sewing. I am working on a total of 4 samples for the store.  Two with the new hexagon pre-cuts and my last two Schnibbles and also my Sylvia's Bridal Sampler.

This last Schnibble is going to take a little time. It is Short Story and I am using some batiks. I had cut everything last week and planned on starting then.  Yeah right.

Grab 2 of each size in each color.

Fold nice and pretty to find the center.

Sew together and press. Of course you press to the larger piece so that takes a little extra precaution.

Handy Dandy Companion Angle Ruler. Line up the 1 1/4 on the seam line, center the ruler in the middle of the top piece so your notches are even. Trim

Nice and pretty trimmed.

Layout the block and prepare to sew.

Found out the corners line up perfectly when the notches match up.

Press.

Trim down to 4 1/4 in square.

Repeat 48 more times.
 
I have seven done so I am 1/7th of the way done. I get about 4 blocks done in an hour so maybe I can get them done by the middle of next week.  I have to spend sometime getting caught up on Camp Loopy. I fell behind, imagine that.
 
 
Have a great day everyone.
 
Michelle


No comments:

Post a Comment