18 October 2014

Loopy Academy Mittens

I have only made mittens once before. They did not turn out very good.

So, having to make mittens again wasn't really high on my want to do list, but I did it.

I wanted to do a mitten with a little bit of a pattern. I wasn't really in the mood for round and round and round with nothing else. So, I chose to Corrugated Mitten Pattern which seemed the simplest one for me to do. I picked out a Burnt Orange yarn, different for me, and off I went.

It only took me 4 days to do the first one and 6 days to do the second one (now if I could only do that with socks). I still have problems with holes in the the thumb gusset no matter how much I think I have managed it.

Good news. I am getting much better at sewing up holes and gaps.
Bad news. I don't really want to do that.

I didn't even try to match them but my cowl and mittens match even the hat coming up soon does too although not as well.


No comments:

Post a Comment