03 November 2010

Bonnie Hunter's Mystery

I am gearing up to do my first mystery from Bonnie Hunter (http://www.quiltville.com/). I have been sorting my fabrics since the colors were given awhile back.  Now that the yardage estimate has been given I am about ready.  I have decided to do the same color way that was given. I figure for my first time it would probably be the easiest.  So far I have just pulled yardage, I am going to wait until the first instructions are given to pull from my strips as far as neutrals and any of the colors go.  I figure I will get some of the fabrics I need from my strip bins but what is the point of destroying the quilt room before the need arises.  I did order a "red" as a constant that I hope will work, it is actually more of a deep red I think.  Will know when it arrives, if not I will have to rethink my options and shop my stash, since I am on No Buy status with http://www.stashbusters.com/ (more on that at a later date).



Well what do you think? Do these look like they will work? Let me know your opinions by leaving a comment. I love to hear from you all.

Michelle

6 comments:

  1. Looks good...you will be addicted to these Bonnie mysteries as I am!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like you are set to make a wonderful quilt. Isn't the anticipation fun?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think these are lovely! I didn't see your 2 anchor colors - do you have those picked out yet? THat's what I'm struggling with. I'm actually considering MAYBE changing to blues/purples - I have a PLETHORA of those in my stash....

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have my anchor colors..I think...one is in the mail on its way and the other will be one of the greens in the picture, there are a couple that I can choose from...I think...I will have to double check the yardage...will post those as soon as they arrive.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Michelle, your fabrics look great. I'm using red instead of pinks and I've ordered some teals for the greens. I've changed some colours in all Bonnie's mysteries and they still turn out great...you'll be hooked!
    Dianne in BC

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like your colours , I am not planning on doing that mystery, but when I see yours finished, who knows ?

    ReplyDelete