02 August 2011

Buzy Little Bee

I had a really busy weekend.  It felt like I was a worker bee that never stopped.

Saturday it was grocery store, then we took the kiddos to the pool 4 hours later it was pizza, ice cream and trying not to fall asleep in front of the TV.

Sunday it was clean the garage, pull some weeds and my niece's first birthday party, then home and trying not to fall asleep in front of the TV again. I was able to get a hand pieced block finished, don't know if it will be good enough.  It just happens to be the DJ block that is kicking my rump.  I can't seem to get it to go right and I have made it 3 times already.  I think I will set that one aside and come back to it at a later date.

Monday it was errands, cooking dinner (rare occasion) since it was a free night, and some sewing. I was able to finish my Christmas Ribbons, and this morning I put the borders on it.  I would love to get it quilted soon but the way my life is lately it might not be anytime soon.

I forgot to take a picture of it finished with borders so I will do that later, this was on the DW and boy howdy was it hard to see the ribbons unless you stood across the room.



I also have been working on my applique for DJ, trying to applique some of these little suckers is not for the faint of heart. I have to spend some time today getting everything organized for class tomorrow, since I have a tendency to willy nilly things around in the studio while I am working on the blocks.



I put an applique pin next to the template so you could see exactly how small that sucker was. I ended up using the starch and press method and called it good. Not my best work but not the worst and it is good enough for me.

Well off to take the little one (Jar) to the dentist, broke his retainer this weekend. Then I have soccer practice for middle one (Ry) and then football starts tomorrow for Jar.  Looks like I will be at some practice 4 nights a week starting next week.  Guess I will have plenty of time for handwork, crocheting, and reading.

Michelle

No comments:

Post a Comment