07 June 2013

On The Needles 6/7/13

I am attempting Camp Loopy. I am a slow newbie knitter. What was I thinking?

I had my plan. I needed to knit a measly 3.5 inches a day to be done on time. I was on a roll. Then I messed up somewhere and I couldn't figure out how to fix it. I ripped it out. I started over. I am now behind.

I will keep going and maybe somehow with cosmic help from the knitting fairies I will get this puppy done. Of course right now I do know that I can get about an 1/2 inch done in 15-20 minutes.  I only have 93 inches to go......



Since I am really bad at unknitting I decided to add my own little life lines in there.  This way if I really mess up I can go to a co-worker and scream loudly for help.

It is amazing how crappy these photos look and how crooked the thing looks but really it is prettier in person and hopefully will be much better when done and blocked.

I do know I have to finish a couple of days early so I can have some time to work on that provisional cast on I did to finish it up.

For more great ideas head on over to Judy's.

Michelle

9 comments:

  1. Very nice work! Your color is lovely.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I am not a big pink person or I should say I wasn't. I seem to be drawing towards that color more often.

      Delete
  2. Keep going! I love the design and color.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I feel like Dory from Finding Nemo...Just keep knitting, just keep knitting.

      Delete
  3. You're doing well, Baby Girl! Keep up the great work! My socks are nearly as far you are! Keep it up. June isn't 1/2 over yet. We're turning the central A/C on tomorrow and I'll knit. Momma B

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah...and you are on my list woman...didn't come to class but went to the store the next day to get your stuff...all the nerve...lol

      Delete
    2. I had a Doctors appointment the day of class. Honest injun! I HAD to get out of the house. Hubs, kids and grands were driving me nutso. Absolutely insane. Completely insane!!! Now I'm exhausted. Momma B

      Delete