26 January 2016

A Quick Top

I love it when I can start and finish a project in less than a day. Well, almost, it still needs to be quilted.

This is or my Pre-cut class in March. It was already cut so I just had to sew on both sides and then use the Strip-tube Ruler to get cut my triangles, which really are half-square triangles. Trim off the dog ears. Then the hardest part was deciding on a layout.

All the HST's pressed to the light.

First 5 rows laid out. I did 2 sets of 5 so it wasn't as confusing.

On the design wall. 

Quilt measures about 40x50. I will not put a border on.

I would love to do this again with smaller strips - these were 6" which made a 5.5" block. I would love either a 3.5" or even a 2" strip. It would be totally awesome.

So, progress made. I am almost done with another applique piece and just have the toe to finish on the second sock so a pair will be done shortly.

Good thing too. My stash numbers were looking a little humble.

Have an awesome day.

Michelle


No comments:

Post a Comment