13 July 2012

On the Needles Friday 7/13/12

I actually have something new on the needles this week. For my birthday I treated my self to a sock knitting on DPN class. Of course I did forget that there would probably be homework so I have been working like mad to get what I need done by Monday.  It is times like these I wish I was a speed knitter because doing the homework has me slacking on my Dear Jane blocks..oh well....



The class has us making these with a worsted weight yarn for ease of learning and speed.  I can say thank goodness because I don't know if I would be able to get the cuff (which I did at 1 inch) and the leg done before class if I used sock yarn.  I have a little over 7 inches done and I have to get to 9 inchs and then do the heel flap. I was hoping to get the other one  started so that I could work on them as a "complete each section together" type thing but my time is short so maybe if I can get this one done to the stop point I can start the other one. Wish me luck.

By the way does it get any "easier" working with these needles.  I am getting into a routine so to speak but sometimes I still feel like there is a octopus in my hands.  And let me tell you these needles are a little bit sharper than my Addy's cuz my fingers are tender.  I sure have been trying not to use my fingertips for sure.

For more Needle news head on over to Judy's.

Michelle

5 comments:

  1. Your sock is looking great - good luck on getting the second one started.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It does get easier and easier. I love knitting round and round on five needles! Your sock is looking wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I keep looking at socks but am a little intimidated...yours are looking great.

    ReplyDelete
  4. IT WILL GET EASIER!! I use 4 needles, haven't tried 5 yet. You might try some of those little pads that hand quilters use on your finger tips for protection.

    I use 6 1/2 to 7" for the legs of my socks-I like them long- 9" seems very long to me but it is so nice to be able to customize with very little extra (or less) work).

    Good luck.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes, yes it does get a lot easier. The more you knit the quicker and easier it becomes!!
    I'm actually working on Dear Jane blocks today. It will be August 01 before we know it! Momma B!

    ReplyDelete