08 July 2012

Waldo Canyon Fire Quilts - Update

Sorry it has taken me so long to update but it has been crazy here this last week. My FIL and MIL were here for 4 days they left last Sunday. Then last Monday I had some family move in temporarily (not because of the fire but something else) so they will be here for at least another week maybe two. Then by the time they leave we have friends coming to visit for the last week of July first week of August.  So my house has turned into a revolving door. I have not sewn but 2 blocks in the last 2 weeks....

I ended up spending the last two days helping lay 6 tons of rock and we still have 10-15 more to go.  I was done at 2pm today and I have no energy to do anything.  I have a busy work week this week so hopefully by the end of the week I can start getting these puppies finished.

I have fallen in love with all of these tops and quilts.  I want to thank you so very much for the generosity shown.  Some of the pictures may be blurry..my 1 year old niece decided she wanted to help. I will show more pictures as the quilts/tops come in and as I finish them.

The first 3 are from Plimiero from Longmont, Co.





The next 10 are from DL in TN











The next one is a completed top from DW in MN..love the quilting.


The next 2 are from KS in IL



The following are from PD in IL.








These quilts are all wonderful and when all of them are quilted and sent out they will give some comfort to those in need. I thank each and everyone of you for the wonderful blessing and thoughtfulness you have sent out to CO


Michelle

1 comment:

  1. Those are all beautiful. My heart goes out to those affected by the fires.

    ReplyDelete