01 January 2014

Happy New Year! - A Look at 2014

I'm not one to follow through on New Year resolutions but I do like goals. This last year was kind of crazy with moving into a new house, dealing with middle sons schooling, government furlough, well, the list could go on and on.

I decided this year I would set up some goals. Just some things that I would like to get done in 2014. If I do them it will be awesome. If not, I won't be upset, I just want to see what happens.

 
On the Quilting Side.
  • Finish Sylvia's Bridal Sampler
  • Finish Loyal Union Sampler
  • UFO's (I have a lot - at least 30)
  • Quilt all my flimsies (I have at least 37 - probably more)
  • Make a quilt for each of the boys (and no they don't have one except the ones I made as babies, that would be 3 of them)
  • Scraps - they are out of control
On the Knitting Side
  • 4 pair of socks (one each quarter)
  • use up some of my stash that has grown out of proportion in a small amount of time
  • 15 minutes at least a couple of days a week to finish up these old crochet projects
On the General Side
  • Make this a handmade Christmas (12 gifts on my list)
  • paint Ryan's room (middle son)
  • paint Jared's room (younger son)
  • paint my bathroom
  • get rid of the popcorn ceiling
  • sand and repaint the deck
  • remove paint from the fireplace (why oh why did someone do that?)
  • Year of de-cluttering. It has got to go.
  • Get rid of bad habit.
I also plan on following through on Stash Report, Design Wall Monday's, On the Needles Friday, and Yarn Report.
 
I will look back on this Jan 2015 and see where I stand. It will be interesting.
 
Hope every one's 2014 is and awesome year.
 
Michelle
 


No comments:

Post a Comment