02 January 2014

Loopy Ewe Challenge

This was my last finish of 2013.

I decided to jump in with both feet to the Loopy Ewe Challenge. I decided on the Family Tree by Moda FQ's and then added some solid by Riley Blake. I had originally planned to make a large quilt but with all of my projects I had to use some common sense.
 
 
Family Tree by Moda

I still stink at taking pictures. My lighting is way off. I was too happy that it decided to lay flat and I didn't have to adjust any seams.

I topped stitched the Dresden plate down and then free handed a outline stitch all the way around.
 
Believe it or not this is the first pillow I have ever made. I even did an envelope style backing on the back. I will remember for next time to make the over lap a little larger. I also hand stitched the binding to the back. If you know me you know that is not something I am keen on doing. It did take me over a year to bind Orca Bay.
 
So I have a nice pretty pillow to put on the sofa for the teenage boys and Zeus (the cat) guess I shouldn't have picked white as the background. Oh well.
 
Have a great day everyone. I am off to sew a top that I need at work by tomorrow. Good thing the blocks are already done and I will be able to count in my stash this Sunday. Yeah!
 


No comments:

Post a Comment