14 March 2014

On the Needles 3/14/2014

I am knitting. I really am.

Remember the Honey Cowl?


I was going to make this my Spring Loopy challenge. Well, I didn't like it so much. I decided to make a pair of thicker socks. I actually finished the first sock the other night but waited to graft it until yesterday. I have to really concentrate so I wait until no one is at home and I talk really loudly while I am doing it. Hey, no one said I was normal.

I love how the little bit of pooling happened. I think it will be a nice pair of crazy socks. I still have to use the pattern that I originally was taught with. For some reason I still get lost and confused if I try something different. Go figure. I must say that I would really like to learn how to do the toe a little bit differently. I really don't like the boxy look but I guess that will come with time.

I now have 2 weeks give or take to get the next sock finished before the deadline. That will also help me with my little challenge of finishing one set of socks a quarter.

I think I will have enough yarn left to make my niece a funky little set as well. Will have to make them a little bit bigger though since she seems to grow like a weed.

For more knitting ideas head on over to Judy's.

Michelle

As soon as I get the other one done my yarn stash will change too. I haven't been posting the last couple of weeks since nothing in and nothing out is the norm around here.

3 comments:

  1. Your sock is cool. It sounds like you might be a beginner sock knitter too. I have to concentrate and write down each row so I can keep track of where I am too, so you are not alone. One day we both will be just winging it, I hope. You are ahead of me, haven't finished one sock yet.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I find it helps to read directions out loud when I'm confused or if it is something new. My Mom taught me to do that.

    The sock looks great.

    ReplyDelete