A1 - Mosaic No. 3 (paper pieced)
A2 - Shoo Fly
A2 - Bright Hopes
A5 - Amethyst (paper pieced)
A7 - Cats and Mice
A8 - Star of the Orient
(partial seam construction and paper piecing)
I skipped a few A's for now. I need to get them done but I know these are a little time consuming as far as blocks go since I had already done them with my other color scheme. One needs to be appliqued and the other one is major y-seams (yay..my favorite..NOT).
My goal is to get 10 blocks done a week so that in 14 weeks I can put the rows together and get it done to hang in the shop before class. I am thinking I may have to change to order of completing the blocks from horizontal to vertical that way I can sew the rows together as I go. The long sashing is vertical so that might make it quicker. As you can tell from the blocks I am putting the sashing on the bottoms of each as I go...less to do later...and it is scrappy. Of course I just realized as I was typing this up and looking at the blocks above that I put the same sashing on both 7 and 8 which will be next to each other in the quilt. Guess the seam ripper will come out early today.
Have a wonderful day.
For more design wall update head on over to Judy's