I started by finishing another block for DJ..now I only have one left to applique then sew together and i am done....almost a week early too.hmm wonder if I can do that next month to..doubt it.
I then spent the rest of the day working on my Sylvia's. I thought I would lots done but these blocks were a little more intricate than I thought. I had a lot of set in seams which means, for me anyway, drawing lines and points and sewing really slow to get everything matched up. I also redrafted a block in EQ so that I did not have to deal with more set in seams. I would rather have HST or stitch and flip corners than to have to do those SIS (set in seams), so that is what I did. I figure it is my quilt and I can do what I want. I will also be able to teach the block using either method. I bet most of the students won't want to do the seams either.
The middle one and the one on the right had those pesky set in seams and the middle one had enough bulk behind the center for sure. I trimmed and used that wonderful method of smash and push and sqush.
The middle block is the one I changed.
Two of the easier ones. You can see the Sweet Treats pattern I printed off from Patchwork Times..that is on my list soon.
I also have a block that I need to redo by hand. I tried and couldn't get it done for love or money..as seen below..why do I keep forcing myself to try and get it all to fit when I know it is going to look like crap anyway...clueless!
I get a 4 day weekend coming up and Saturday we will spend working in the yard. Here is the updated pictures after the bushes came out. We will work on chopping those 2 trees down by the front yard and then the limbs picked up and the spreading of the dirt and such. Hopefully by August we will have the rock and grass in and be done with it.
Then between all of the starkness there was this...love them..
Hopefully my handwork will get caught up and done soon too.
Have a wonderful day everyone.