13 May 2012

Stash Report 5/13/12 - A Finish Too

Hoping everyone a Happy Mother's Day...mine will be spent sewing. I sent hubsters off this morning to the airport for the week, he will be in VA for work.  So it will be a little busier week for me since I will be both mom and dad..oh well nothing new on that front..just haven't had to do it for awhile.

Well I finally have a finish..it took me awhile but it is done.  This is my QOV #3...



I even labeled it....It is kind of hard so see since I already washed it but.  I used a CD for labels that I have.  I ran a fabric sheet through the printer then I used colored pencils to color it in then my fabric pen to write, heat set it and slapped the puppy on and off to the washer it went.   I was glad that it didn't really fade. I used two color catchers as well...they came out a little red but not too bad considering I don't pre-wash my fabric.



I am hoping to get another QOV on the frame today and get working on some of my SBS or DJ blocks although honestly I would really rather work on something fun and totally for me today...hmm since it is Mother's Day I might just do that.


Since most of my shows are over maybe I can spend some more time in the studio....yeah right.



 I ended up using 4.5 yards for the backing and .5 yards for the binding so my numbers this week have changed...one of these days I will be on the good .....but nothing came in this week so that is a plus in my book.


Used this Week: 24.84 yards
Used year to Date: 98.79 yards
Added this Week: 0
yards
Added Year to Date: 121.34 yards
Net Used for 2012: -22.55 yards


Head on over to Judy's for more stash reports.

Michelle

2 comments:

  1. Great QOV, thanks for supporting a great cause. Enjoy your day/week as a single parent. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it!! Good luck on being two people at once! You will deserve chocolate defineatly!!

    ReplyDelete