24 August 2010

State of My Sewing Room and Stash


I have been busy the last few days doing a little bit of this and a little bit of that and yet it seems I have not accomplished much of anything. It is crazy when you work almost all day, everyday for hours and hours, and yet it LOOKS like you have done absolutely nothing. I admit though I did get a couple of string blocks done and a 5" (I think) pineapple done and it only took about an hour, but it does look rather good if I say so myself.

On the other hand the state of my stash does not seem to diminish, of course it doesn't help when you continue to buy fabrics, well...I did need more lights and they were on sale.... but will it ever end? Probably not.  My sewing room is overflowing and always looks like a bomb went off in there. I know that once I get more of my shelves completed and new cupboards bought it will all be hidden and look a little bit more "put together". Of course on the other hand I really don't think I should worry, my husband and kids don't mind why should I? It is an eyesore at times though, when you walk in the front door and low and behold it is right there smack dab in front of you, well a little to the right and up the stairs but still. I guess I shouldn't worry about what I think others think and be content with it the way it is, since 9 times out of 10 it really doesn't bother me.

With that being said, I can honestly say that I think cotton breeds in the dark, since it always seems like my stash keeps growing and growing and growing.....whether I buy or not. I don't know if I will ever get it all used but, boy oh boy the process of trying is a total enjoyment.







So these are pictures of all of my scraps in buckets and yardage. I completely emptied out all of my totes that held fabric and put them on these cubby shelves. Which by the way will dissappear as soon as possible, they were great for daycare...not so good for hiding yardage and such.

Well I am off to finally start working on my embroidery blocks for the two baby blankets I have to get done and then whatever else catches my fancy.

Stay tuned for the next post....scraps and.....

Piece for the joy of it,
Michelle

1 comment:

  1. love your quilt studio. I think you are doing a great job getting it organized and love the block from your scraps in the most recent post. Keep up the great work.

    ReplyDelete