28 January 2015

The procrastination race....





I am on a mission. I chose to accept. I am going to do everything in my power to complete it. Just as soon as I quit procrastinating. My mojo has left the building and I am trying desperately to get it back.

My goal ---- To get all of my samples made for class and all of my kits cut before the end of March so that the next 9 months of the year I can do what I want. It won't be easy but I really think I can get it done. I just have to do it.

By my estimations I have to make around 194 blocks. They are for various quilts and range from 4.5 inches all the way up to 15 inches. I also have around 300 various kits to cut (this is the number of patterns x the number of kits for each month). I may not be able to get all of the kits done since I am waiting on orders of fabric to come in, but I am sure I can bust through and get most of them done and hopefully I will have the fabric soon to finish the other ones.

My list of things I want to get done is growing exponentially. I have been working on samples and BOM for the last 4 years and I am just wearing down. I have so many things I want to start or finish it is not even funny.

I have almost 12 months of Simple What Nots by Kim Diel.
I have almost 36 months of Jo's Little Women's Club patterns.
Amish With A Twist 1
Amish With A Twist 2
Modern Building Blocks
Not to mention the 6-7 Bonnie Hunter quilts I am in the midst of.
I have UFO's that I am afraid to count how many there actually are.
I have ....well the list can go on. These were just off the top of my head.

So my motto for the rest of this week and next since I have a lot of days off is to just....





I hope it works. I know it will be a little crazy. My oldest son and his wife are moving back home (with 2 dogs) temporarily. He is getting out of the Navy and will be here Friday morning. I just hope his 2 dogs and my old dog and old cat can all play along nicely.

If it gets too hectic I can always lock my self in the sewing room and maybe get everything done twice as quick. :).


Have  a great day. I am off to do something productive...I hope.

Michelle

1 comment:

  1. LOL! A first picture is wonderful)) That is what I do an overwhelming majority of time)

    ReplyDelete