15 July 2011

Christmas in July - Project 1

Since I decided to take a break from DJ for the week I figured I would do some Christmas in July projects.  I have 3 that I plan to do right now.  I have about 10 Christmas themed projects but that is another story in itself.

 I figured I would just start with a simple one at first, well they are all really simple and use charm squares, layer cakes or jelly rolls.  I use to live on the pre-cuts but I kind of took a break from them for awhile.  I am now back working on projects with them as I have time.

I call this on Jovial Christmas since it is made with the Jovial fabric line from Basic Grey (one of my fav's of all times--I just love all of her lines).  I found the pattern at Moda Bake Shop, started cutting and had the top completed in one day. It is a disappearing 9 patch so that made it even easier. Now when I get it quilted will be another story.

It looks kinda wonky on the design wall, but the wall didn't want to lay flat since the fan was blowing like crazy,  it's really hot here.







I am now off to another adventure, waiting on some fabric to arrive for the next 2 projects.  I had to go to two different places to get what I needed. Received on package waiting on the other.

Enjoy the day and sew a little,
Michelle

No comments:

Post a Comment