14 July 2011

Dear Jane

I started teaching a Dear Jane class at my LQS.  We started last month and we are scheduled to meet once a month.  I had originally planned to do 10 blocks a month but figured out that would take me over 2 years.  I mean Dear Jane (DJ) has 225 blocks (including the triangles).  So, since I want to stay a month ahead of the class in blocks I did 16 last month, but they wanted all 16. This month (August anyway) I have to do at least 14. I took a break this week to work on other projects but it is back to the grind stone next week.  My goal is to get the top completed by the end of December.  That means I have to do at least 40 blocks a month, right now I think that is a little bit ambitious since there are so many applique blocks but we shall see.  I might just have to push it out one year and have it done by next June.  That would still be long but may be more workable.

I originally planned on doing the complete quilt by hand but then changed my mind, it was a little to daunting for me.  Since I am not a die hard traditionalist I am going to machine sew, paper piece, applique, reverse applique and hand piece depending on what each block needs.  To me easier is better most of the time.
I am doing my DJ in pinks and browns.  This is the Hot for Chocolate Line from Blue Hill Fabrics.

A5 - Cathie's Campfire

A6 Uncle Homer

A8 Florence Nightingale

B4 Chris's Soccer Field

B13 Four Corner Press

C1 Trooper Green's Badge

C3 Rayelle's Fence

C12 Family Reunion

D6 Challenge

D7 Meeting Place

H13 Farm Fields

I1 Ralph and Nelda's Wedding


I2 Kaye's Courtyard

I3 Family Album

J4 Adelaine's Apron Strings

M5 Mother's Point




I still don't feel like I have completed enough, but I guess 16 is better than none.  I only have 209 to go..guess I better go put the pedal to the medal.

Sew long for now,

Michelle

No comments:

Post a Comment