17 July 2011

Jo's Club Finish 1

I have been participating in our LQS's Jo's Club.  This is a monthly club that uses patterns and fabric from Jo Morton.  I finally finished my first quilt which was due this month.  It is really tiny and went together quick.  I actually had the top done the middle of June but it took me until this week to get the binding done.  It was the first time I have ever done single fold binding and I don't like doing it that way. I think I will stick with my normal double fold binding but just make it smaller when doing these quilts.  I guess if you don't try something new you won't know if you like it, now I know.

I have next months done already as well I just have to take some time to do the binding.  For some reason that is one of the hardest things for me to do.

Well I am off to work on another Christmas project and since I only have 3 weeks until my next batch of DJ blocks are due I better get started on those as well. Guess I will be sewing away in between hanging loads of laundry on the line.  It is already hot here, it's days like these I wish I had air conditioning.



I even put a label on...rare occurrence as well.



I hope everyone gets a chance to sew today.

Michelle

No comments:

Post a Comment